Watermelon Radish and Pomelo Salad
Baby lettuces with colourful watermelon radishes and pomelo are dressed with a sweet maple balsamic vinaigrette and almonds.
- ¼ lb/115g baby lettuces spring mix also works, washed and dried
- 1 med/125g watermelon radish sliced in 1/8th inch semi circles
- 1 pomelo segmented
- ¼ c/25g toasted sliced almonds
- 1 tbs/15ml pungent olive oil
- 1 tbs/15ml balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp/10ml maple syrup
- 1/8 th tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
Mix all dressing ingredients together and whisk well.
To segment the pomelo (or grapefruit), cut the top and bottom off, approximately ½” thick to start with on a pomelo. Going around the fruit top to bottom, cut the rind and pith off. If you start with ½”, you can always cut more. Slice until all the white pith is gone and the membrane has been just removed. Slice each segment just at each side of the membrane. Remove any seeds.
Toss lettuces (rip the leaves into bite size pieces if a little large), radishes, and pomelo with dressing.
Plate and top with sliced almonds.