I have a nostalgic fondness for the perfect toasted marshmallow. One of the pieces we have improved the backyard with is a stone-type fireplace and we have had some nice opportunities to grill supper (particularly when it is too warm to cook inside). Most of the times we have done so, I keep forgetting to get marshmallows to toast over the embers. But not this time! I finally remembered, and though I am not a fan of s’mores, this cocktail evokes the same flavors without the solid mass getting in the way of the gooey marshmallow.
- 1 ½ oz blended scotch (Monkey Shoulder)
- ½ oz amaretto
- 2 dashes Fee’s Aztec Bitters
- Garnish: toasted marshmallow
- Glass: rocks
- Stir all ingredients with ice and strain into glass. Placed marshmallow in drink.
- *Marshmallows can be toasted over the flame on a stove if you do not already have a fire or barbecue going.
- If you allow the marshmallow to sit too long in the drink it will make the drink sugary, but the marshmallow tastes excellent after being soaked.